Wednesday, September 12, 2007
I'm a new Mom!
Oh my Goodness! Deacon is my third baby, you would think by now I have experienced almost everything baby related, right! Wrong! This kid makes me feel like he's my first baby! Seems like every time I turn around he is doing something that throws me for a loop. I've been paranoid for the past week and a half about that darn freaky fever then day before yesterday this weird rash showed up all over his body, I mean face, legs, arms, his entire back and front. So, I automatically think chicken pox. I looked through all the books I have and the rash did not match chicken pox at all, he didn't have a fever, wasn't acting uncomfortable, he was sleeping and eating fine. So, I called a nurse hotline and they said it's probably a follow-up rash, it's totally common (like 1/3 of all kids will get it at some point) and no big deal! Then, yesterday Deacon and I were hangin out in the living room and I noticed he was chewing on something so I fished it out of his mouth and at first I couldnt figure out what it was, looked like a altoid. I haven't had any altoids in my house recently so I investigated further, turned out to be the acetominaphen pill I had set on the table when I went to get a glass of water during Deacons nap and aparently forgot about! Thank goodness I figured that one out! That one made me feel like a horrible mom. Geez! Can we have one more scare, Please! And to top it off Ben's dog, Turbo, is having some kind of kidney issue and we think he might be getting ready to die. O.K. so we have had kind of a rough couple of weeks, let's hope that the rest of September is a little better for us! It's not all bad, just when I was thinking that I needed to hit a few resale shops and find Deacon some more 12 month & up clothes cuz he's already growing out of the 6-12 month stuff Ben's wonderful cousin, Rachel, sent ben home with 2 HUGE bags of clothes for Deacon that are somehow just the right size for him! I looked through all the stuff and there are 18 pair of shoes!!!! I think I'm set for a little bit. Now I need to find some more clothes for ME! I dropped about 25 pounds unintentionally in the past 3 months and even my smallest jeans are huge on me. If you have anything you want to get rid of let me know! :) And pray that my baby stops scaring the crap out of me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment