Saturday, June 20, 2009

Banana Bread

So, I finally decided I need to use all the frozen bananas that have been in my freezer for.....um, I have no idea how long. I counted 12 in there so I figured I'd make banana bread today, they are the ones that went brown and I threw in there peel and all. I have not made banana bread in ages but it's not real hard and I thought maybe Deacon would like to help me, he wants to do everything we do now, so why not put him to work a little, right? He actually made a bit more of a mess than I would have on my own and I am not 100% sure our measurement for the baking soda was correct, but he was really cute and he had fun dumping stuff in the bowl. He LOVED the bananas slipping out of their peels, thought that was so funny, although he did tell me it was "Gose, Mama." (Deacon speak for "Gross") He tried to help me mix it up a little bit before I got out the hand mixer, not so easy for him. He got scared and ran away as soon as I turned on the mixer (seriously, this kid is such a little wuss! He is scared of any appliance that makes noise, this includes the vacuum and the blender) but as soon as I was done he came back into the kitchen and sampled our dough, he must have approved because he licked off both mixers and I gave him a little spoonful also. I know, I know, raw eggs and blah, blah, blah....I think he will be alright. He wanted to eat all the dough and got mad at me when I put it into the loaf pans, I could not convince him the bread would be better than the dough.

We thought they came out pretty good! He wanted to eat it right away, even cried when I told him it was too hot and we needed to let it cool off. I think maybe we did this a little too close to nap time. Now I just need to make a few more loaves so I can rid my freezer of the ugly bananas.

1 comment:

Cambria said...

What a cutie patootie! I want some banana bread now!! Yum!