Monday, January 11, 2010
Minnesota or Bust!!
Yes, it has been way too long since I updated...all I have to say is I am doin better than both my Mom and Brook, so there! ;) I have probably taken 600 pictures in the last couple months so I will be posting more than once today. First comes the trip we took to Minnesota in November, the only time it worked out was earlier in the month because Sport Chalet actually thought they needed their bike Department Head in the store on Black Friday (that would be Ben), we were in MN from Nov. 11 to the 19th but the trip was originally intended to be for Thanksgiving. We had a blast even though we really didn't do anything too noteworthy. And I realized going through pics that I somehow managed to not get a single picture of Patty and Bob! Woops.
This is Jaedence (Jenna's daughter), she turned 5 on November 20th. She is absolutely beautiful and pretty fiesty, she was an awesome little Mama, holding Rowan whenever she got the chance and playing with Deacon. She handled the invasion of her space pretty well, I had a great time with Jaedence, she was so much fun.
Deacon was worn out playing with his cousins, this was even before his usual nap time and he slept in the chair for quite a while. Got some new duds too, the shirt is a hand-me-down from Donovan (whom I also managed to miss getting any pictures of!)
Auntie Kerra is the Baby Whisperer, she was so wonderful with Rowan and always managed to swoop in and take him off my hands right about when I was getting ready to pull my hair out. She could get him to sleep which I even have a hard time doing. Rowan soaked up the attention and made everybody fall in love with him in about 2 seconds. He got passed around a lot and barely got put down.
All of Brad and Patty's kids together! (And an extra) Me, Benny, Kerra, Jenna, Timmy. Right before we left to go out for the night! Thanks for babysitting Grandma!
Me and Jenna, actually not too bad of a pic. She is an absolute blast, I love hanging out with Jenna. She's almost as fiesty as her daughter!
Me in the middle of the beauties. I always feel like such a plain Jane next to these two! They are both so beautiful and the eyes are just killer, they turn heads everywhere they go, especially together. Add the boys in and it's almost funny to watch the necks snap as they walk by people.
Me and Timmay!! He's almost 22, the youngest of Ben's siblings. He's a sweetheart and I have actually really missed him since he moved back to MN in July. He and I have been good friends for a while and it's been strange not to have my buddy around.
Ben and his other girlfriend again! No, really, that is Caitlynn (I am sure I didn't spell that right). They have known each other for years, she is the significant other of his high school buddy Kevin Anderson. I think he knows her independent of him, though. This was a strange trip for me (no pun intended) because I saw Ben in his element. He's a pretty adaptable dude and he has a ton of friends wherever he goes, he fits in pretty much anywhere, but this was the first time I really saw him open up and show everybody the goofy, silly Ben that only I usually see. He was probably the happiest I have ever seen him on this trip.
Me and Kevin Anderson! We joked that Ben and Kevin were going to trade partners.
That's me and Kerra, the guy we are with is Murad. He's one of Ben's REALLY good friends, probably in the top 5. Every time there was a get together or we went somewhere, Murad was with us. He and Ben met at a party Ben was throwing that Murad was not invited to and crashed. Ben tells it that he was standing on a table (not sure what he was doing) and Murad came in.....from there I think it's history. He's super loyal to Ben, loves him like a brother.
Me and Andrea P-Fan as Ben calls her. They have been friends for ages, Ben grew up with her older brother Jesse, she is Dan's girlfriend and sweet Taylor's Mama. Ben calls her P-Fan because she has this super long and complicated last name and it starts Pfan---. Deacon loves her little girl, Taylor, who is only a few weeks younger than Deacon. I don't blame him, she is one of the sweetest little girls I have ever met, he totally has my permission to marry Taylor.
We spent one day at an indoor water park, which was a completely new experience for me! I was like, really? Such a thing actually exists? I grew up in Arizona, water parks are outdoors and close for like 3 months out of the year when the temp drops below 70 degrees. We have plenty of sun and really no need to take water rides in doors. Deacon had a blast, as did the other kids. He had to do his usual jump-off-the-edge-to-Daddy but I'll spare you more pictures of that. I did not take a bathing suit (who the heck thinks they are gona be swimming in Minnesota in November??) so I stayed on the edge with Rowan. But Deacon and Ben swam...
After the water park Rowan was worn out, his hat was a little large also. Great for sleepin in the middle of the day.
Miss Jaedence on the way to see Great Grandma Sass, it was about a 30 minute drive. This is a rare picture, she does not smile for the camera much, it takes a lot to convince her that she should. I'm tellin ya, Spitfire! She's gona give any guy who gets close a major run for his money!
Another rare picture, Ben and I hardly ever get a picture taken of us together, usually because I am the one taking the pictures so I get left out of them. Brad took this one. I so wish I had grabbed Deacon and pulled him in, darn it!
There he is! Papa Brad and Jaedence with Rowan. Love that man, great Dad, awesome Grandpa, just a good guy. he's really sweet to me too, that probably helps. :) We saw Brad almost every day we were there, he always has his camera on him, I am sure he snapped some pretty good shots that I haven't seen.
Ben with his Grandma Sass and Rowan. I am so kicking myself for not getting a picture of Grandma with Brad, Ben, Deacon and Rowan. I had 4 generations in one place, for Heaven's Sake, how often does that happen!?!
And the darling Rowan says, that's the end of that vacation and the end of this post! Thanks to all the Sass' for a fantastic time and a great family vacation for us. Jenna and Kerra, thanks for a place to stay (especially Jenna since we took over her bedroom) and all the new (old, too small for D1) duds for D2. Patty, thanks for sittin on babies so we could go out without them and for making dinner nearly every night, I gained about 10 pounds. Brad, thanks for the use of your vehicle and garage. All of you, thanks for hanging out with us and for making me feel like I am one of the family. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment