Monday, July 6, 2009

Canyon Lake

Left to Right this is Benjamin Daniel Sass, Deacon Bradley Sass and the one and only Bradley Herbert Sass. Three generations of Sass men and they look so much alike it's almost a little scary! Actually Brad's brothers look a whole lot alike too, something about the genes in that family are very strong, the men all look similar. They are all very handsome too. I love Brad, he is so much fun and adores his children and his grandchildren, he has been such a great Dad to Ben and he is just adorable with Deacon and his other two grandchildren. He is so excited to meet the newest little guy who will be here soon. He is also very sweet to me and never fails to remind Ben that he has a good woman! ;)
Last week Ben's Dad came into town for the 4th of July weekend and to hang out with his sister and two brothers. They usually go to Mexico for a week and hang out in Rocky Point but this year they decided to stay close to home and do things around the valley of the sun. So, on Ben's day off last week we piled everyone onto 3 cars and drove up to Canyon Lake for the day, we had Haley and Marlee, Paige, Alex and Deacon as far as kids and about 10 adults. We spent a little while on the beach....
These guys came up and wandered around the beach quacking at everyone for a little bit, the kids thought they were awesome and had a really hard time not chasing them around. They were so chill, just walked around amongst all the people and even a few dogs! They were so cute. We actually saw quite a few ducks, some white and some of the brown ones.

We took a ride on the Ferry "Dolly" while we were at the lake. We sat at the back and Deacon thought the view was great, he sat like this in his chair for quite a while, I just couldn't stand how cute he looked.

Ben and I rarely get any pictures of us together, so I jumped when someone asked if I wanted one taken. I had stolen Ben's sun glasses (actually he offered them to me) because I left mine in the car at Laurel's house so that's why Benny is squinting, poor guy. That sun was pretty harsh on the water and I was getting a headache from it. I didn't realize how revealing that bathing suit is until I saw pics and felt the after effects of the sun. I forgot to put sunscreen on and I FRIED my chest and shoulders pretty good, I am still popping blisters. Yeah, OUCH. That is 36 1/2 weeks of baby "under my belt" as well, I am starting to get really big, I have been measuring ahead by about a week so hopefully that means we have another nice big 8 pounder growing in there! Benny has a tiny little belly on him too but I am almost certain that as soon as I give birth he is going to drop 10 pounds and be skinny again.
I don't love taking family pictures when I don't have my whole "family" with me, but this is who I have here right now so, here's our little family at the moment, until it grows again in about 2 weeks. Marx and Maddox will be here to join us for a little while in just 2 days!!!!!!!!! :) I better recharge the camera batteries.

No comments: