Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Hole in the Backyard

A while back we started having some trouble with our plumbing, the kitchen sink would not drain and when I used the plunger to try and get it to work stuff came up in the bathtub in the hall bath! NOT GOOD! I tried to get Ben to have someone come out and look at it but we really did not have the money for a plumber. I suggested we ask my brother for help (since he worked for a plumbing company) but for whatever reason he would not let me call and get Travis out here. He FINALLY managed to convince his friend Andy to come out and look at it with him, first they snaked the pipes and unclogged whatever was in there and then they dug down under the house and up to the pipe under the bathtub to see if there was a crack or if we had clay pipes and they collapsed. They found all the piping below the house in tact and a couple days later refilled the hole. During the digging Deacon insisted that he needed to help and he played on the growing pile of dirt the entire time they dug.

That's Andy in the hole doing the dirty work. It was quite a hole, they had to go all the way down below the foundation, underneath it and then back up to where the bathroom pipes are. Didn't seem like much fun to me, so I left it to them.

Deacon after "helping" with the dig. he was covered, head to toe in mud.


Had a little sample of the dirt, just to see how it tasted. I'm thinkin not so good.

He insisted on showing me his feet after he got them out of his muddy sandals, the little dance he did was pretty darn cute too.


He REALLY wanted me to see his feet! Maybe because that was the cleanest part of him. I stripped him naked outside and carried him to the tub. He left a lovely dirt ring around the bathtub after that bath!

No comments: