Saturday, May 22, 2010
Holy Cow! He's 10 months old!
For Goodness sake, a year ago you could not have convinced me I needed a baby no matter what you did, and I was 7 months pregnant! I really struggled with the reality of having Rowan and I was one unhappy girl for most of the pregnancy. I don't think too many people liked me much then. Even up to the morning he was born I was not ready for a baby. They always say things change in that first moment and that is when you fall in love with your children. It always happened a little different for me, I bonded with my three previous babies when I was carrying them and was prepared for them and excited to meet them when they were born. I loved them before they were born, having them was like icing on the cake, but I already felt I knew these little people. My emotions toward this baby before he was born terrified me, I really feared that I was not going to like this kid. While I was laying in the OR waiting for them to announce the baby had been born (most nerve wracking 20 minutes of my life!) I tried really hard to come to terms in my own head, not sure if that worked, then he was brought around the curtain and showed to me I remember being a little shocked, I had never seen one of my babies so fresh, he was soaking wet still and covered in blood and vernix, the sheet the nurse was holding him in had fallen in his face so I could not see what he really looked like, he was fussing though and he looked really tiny. I knew then he was about the same size as Maddox. It didn't take long for me to feel emotions start to fall into place, the next days and weeks were very different from the other boys and it's been much more of a journey for me to have this little boy in my life.
So, one day Ben and I were sitting there watching Rowan play on the floor and Ben said, "I wonder if Rowan would fit in the sleeping bag box?" I stuck him in the box and he liked it quite a bit, he played in there pretty good for a while.
It worked well as a car or a sled, is that little smile cute or what? He did not get the Sass eyes, those eyes are from my side of the family, not me though, I think they came from Nana ;-)
He stood and waved the flaps back and forth for a while and just laughed, he thought that was the funniest thing ever! This little boy has personality just oozing out of him, he is so hilarious, he's a complete ham and he cheeses everybody up. He is always smiling, but very sensitive and emotional. He is so sweet and he loves to snuggle. He is definitely a handfull and keeps me on my toes way more than any of the older ones did, everything goes in his mouth so I am always doing a finger sweep and pulling various (sometimes really gross) things out. I fell in love with Rowan pretty quickly and have only enjoyed him more and more as he gets older and grows into a toddler. He's certainly made my life more challenging and tested my ability to handle everything going on. He's also made me laugh and brought a lot of joy to our family, he's forced me to take things less seriously and relax. Rowan is the best gift I never knew I wanted. I needed him more than I knew, strangely enough, he has made me a better person. I know all of my kids have changed me in some way and I really do love them all the same amount, but the relationship I have with each one is different and they are all such individual people. They are each amazing in their own right. I am so happy that Heavenly Father blessed me with these wonderful boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment