Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Semester End Celebration

After all our hard work this semester Enny decided that we all needed to relax a little and unwind. So, she set up a party at the Cotton Bowl in Casa Grande. I took Deacon and Rowan to Maggie's house, where she had a babysitter already lined up (and she lives like a mile from the bowling alley) and we met up with Enny. Kerrie came later.

Me, Maggie and Enny. Actually, reverse that order. Kerrie showed up later and Kerri had to be at Drill with her husband. Maggie is single and has 4 kids, all 3 of us are headed for Nursing Programs. Maggie struggled the most this semester with obstacles coming up outside of school. Poor woman had 2 different kids break their arms, a major car accident, flooding throughout her house, legal issues with her grandchild, you name it, Maggie had to deal with it. She is so cool, calm and collected, she never freaked out or fell apart, just kept going. And she still ended the semester with a B! I am telling you, these are amazing women!

This is Enny Bradshaw, she is from Indonesia and is a former model. She had lived in the US for about 3 years and is married to a man from Indonesia as well, she says he is very "Americanized" though. She is a fabulous cook and I think she can make anything. I am surprised she does not weigh more. She brought food to class every single day and I think she ate at least something every time I saw her. She has a ton of energy and she is very sweet, sentimental and caring. Enny is smart as heck, she was the other A in the study group. I cannot imagine trying to go to school in another country with the language barrier. She is not afraid to ask questions though and she makes sure she knows what she is talking about. We had some pretty hilarious incidence of misunderstanding between the 5 of us in study group this semester, there were a few times we ended up in tears from laughing so hard. When I first met her, she told me I could remember how to say her name because it's like "Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace, Anyone." She adores Rowan, calls him her little "boyfriend," I took the boys with me to several study groups that she attended and she would always scoop up the baby and talk to him and offer him food (she knows how to speak Rowan's language Lol He loves Enny). I am trying to make it to her house one day this week to hang out, maybe tomorrow....

Don't Ask...

After Kerrie G showed up. She had a wake or something like that to attend. She is wearing the necklace I made for her, I ended up having to lengthen hers, I knew it was gona be too short! I am also wearing the one I made one for me, mine has all of their colors on it, the only one I left out was black because it really did not match.

No comments: